Get Fit

Friday, July 16, 2010

Let Me Count The Ways

Just how many ways are there to self sabotage a way of life? (Thought I was going to say 'diet' didn't you!)

I found several this week. Work weird hours at retail leaving yourself with no time to prepare meals ahead so you eat at fast food joints instead. Actually, I was just too lazy to prepare anything. Tuesday I had take out from the Chinese Buffet style restaurant. I had sushi, chicken terriyaki (yay! for food on a stick!) and broccoli/carrots with beef and sweet tea. Not the worst thing I could have had, but I could've done better.

Wednesday was even worse! I had a beach burger with cheese from a little restaurant on the Tellico River named The Beach! I ate bun and all and had sweet tea. I had another hamburger for supper from Burger King, but I did toss the bun and yet more sweet tea.

Thursday I had a sausage biscuit from Hardees, a grilled chicken breast for lunch and bad bad bad me, pizza for supper.

Interestingly enough I didn't gain any weight, in fact I dropped a half pound! Wanna know how? I walked the trail at Tellico once in the morning and again that evening. I did my Pilates workout before the morning walk so I was HUNGRY! because my metabolism was revved up.

With that said, working out does not automatically give you permission to eat what you want. I just got lucky. I'm certainly not going to keep tempting the inevitable. I've worked too hard to get where I am to blow it now. I am allowed to back slide.

I also blew it in a big way today. No breakfast (mistake mistake mistake!), we packed coolers, one with drinks Gatorade (since hick town here can't be bothered to sell lifewater), 10 calorie juice packs, and Snapple diet drinks (which are nasty, by the way). Chocolate pnut butter bugles, oreo cookies, chips, sandwich fixins....sigh. Supper was baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and canned peas. I ate the chicken breast and 2 spoonfuls of potatoes, the peas looked yucky so I didn't touch them. No weight lost, none gained. I think I better cool it the rest of the week since I didn't walk or work out today.


So see, you can totally screw up with this and still call it a success as long as you can say you didn't gain. I didn't gain, but I certainly could have done better. Tomorrow is another day.

In other news, I still haven't replaced my poor exercise ball that fell victim to Grant's sword. Will have to do that tomorrow while we're shopping for his junior leadership supplies, perhaps I will deduct its replacement cost out of his lawn mowing money. Hmmmm, there's a possibility.

No comments: