Get Fit

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reflections

I'm supposed to be writing about my 'journey' with weight loss.  Instead I find myself making shopping lists and recipes and anything but writing about me. So, this post will be about me and things going on in my life of late.

My mom had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago.  I know she hurts.  I feel bad for her.  I feel bad for my dad too because there's not a lot you can do when someone is in pain like that except just be there for them.  I took them some dinner last night, not the healthiest dinner, but mom hasn't been eating very well since he operation.  I made meatloaf (flaxseed added...don't tell my dad lol!), fried okra, (also coated in ground flaxseed, again, don't tell my dad!) and mashed potatoes (no butter, very little salt, also another little secret not to disclose to dad))

I don't want to end up in that situation.  I have to take better care of myself. We all do.

I've found myself on the lazy bandwagon again.  I'm behaving with my eating habits, it's the exercise that's being largely ignored.  I've been working out on the ball tonight.  think I'll do it again in a bit because the stretching makes me feel good all over even if it does hurt.  It's a bit cool and raining out so there won't be any fast walk/slow jog tonight.

I'm not satisfied with the slowness of my weight loss.  It took one year of mostly just eating better things for me to lop off more than fifty pounds.  If I'd been exercising all along I'd be a lot closer to my weight goal of 140 pounds.  I met my goal of a size 12.  Wonder what size I will be in when I reach 140?  I'm starting the Pilates 30 day challenge over starting October 1st.  In the meantime, I'm just doing the Pilates to get myself back into the habit of exercising again.  I want to be in those leather pants this Halloween and I want to look hot in them, not like I'm muffin top girl in pants I have no business wearing.  Muffin top is not a fashionable accessory!

Excess skin is driving me crazy, ewww yuck! It's even starting to pool around my ankles!  Maybe I should start measuring them????

October 9th I will post new measurements and weight and pics, full body instead of just face, yeah yeah, I'll have my clothes on, nobody and I mean nobody wants to see that!. So I have roughly 13 days to get my exercise game on and see if I can remove an inch or two from my waist, butt, and hips.

Sometimes I  think it would have been easier to ignore the health risks, to ignore the 'third rate' comment and just remain fat and sassy . . . and sick.  But, I am committed to that 140 pound mark and keeping it there.  Besides the clothing and shoes in the misses/junior dept are much cuter =)   Unless you have cankles, like I do.  There has to be a way to get rid of those suckers!  T'is what the internet is for I suppose.

No comments: