Get Fit

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Girls Can Run

Although I must say I'm insulted that I was told I needed a certain kind of shoe to runin because I weigh over 180 lbs.  I shouldn't be insulted.  The person who said was being nice and trying to be gentle when uttering those words.  So what to do when told I need a certain pair of shoes because I'm fat, I buy them.  I like them pretty well.  I want another pair, Brooks Ariel, a bit out of my price range, but that's okay.  I WILL OWN THEM EVENTUALLY!

Shin splints are still causing a problem though not as badly, probably where they haven't healed from where I ran in the not so good running shoes.  I made it nearly a mile today.  My cool down (where my breathing and heart rate return to normal instead of the omg I'm going to burst if you don't stop now!) took less than 2 minutes so I 'm taking that as a good sign.

I'm using Couch to 5K running program and I must say it works!  Find them on Facebook or google it.

My biggest problem with running is the voracious appetite that hits me about an hour or so later.  I'm countering with protein and water, but I'm not sure that's what I'm supposed to do?  I really really really want carbs!  Lots of Carbs.  ANY carbs lol!  Ignore ignore ignore!

Thinking Pilates with Suzanne Deason is on the schedule for tonight.  I need a good stretch to get my  bikini waistline 'on' . August is 6 months away and I have to make a very strong point about why we don't insult the wife no matter how angry and jealous we are.  Once said point is made, then I make sure the point is permanently ingrained by not gaining any of the weight back until I'm 80 and in a nursing home where I'll still look better than those other old bats in there with me. =)  How's that for a goal?  I figure if Helen Mirren can sport a stunning bikini body in her 60's so can I.

No comments: