Get Fit

Sunday, October 3, 2010

You can have Chocolate!

Lindt Excellence

I am female.  I love chocolate, especially certain times of the month.  I discovered quite possibly the best source of chocolate outside of Godiva, in the world.  And this chocolate may even be good for me lol!

Lindt Excellence Chili Dark Chocolate. 

Dark chocolate has all kinds of Benefits 

Apparently the higher the cocoa count the better it is for you.  The one caveat, the higher the cocoa count the more bitter the chocolate becomes.  The suggested cocoa count is 60% or higher.  It is also suggested you not eat the chocolate with milk as milk cancels the healthy benefits.

But wait!  Add Chili pepper to your dark chocolate! (Actually, just about ANY *HOT* pepper)
capsaicin-7-powerful-health-benefits-of-the-stuff-that-makes-peppers-hot

While probably not enough of either in this particular candy bar, but enough of the two to still provide a little 'good for you' benefits,( if you don' t eat the whole thing, at 190 calories, in one sitting.) 

It also puts a dent in PMS (at least it did for me lol!)

I'm on day 3 of my 30 day Pilates Challenge despite my feeling like death on a stick (read mild stomach bug, if I could just vomit I think I'd feel much better, sigh)

Went to the Pellisippi State hot Air Balloon Festival yesterday and ate Nachos Locos which probably contributed to my stomach illness.  Perhaps a good night's sleep will help, but I'm running a low grade temp too so I doubt it.

No comments: