Get Fit

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Involuntary Self Sabotage

My body is suddenly into the art of self sabotage without my permission!

After a year or so of being acid reflux free I am suddenly  having back to back episodes usually when I'm hungry.  When I eat it settles down, then about an hour later it flares again.  I'm not hungry.  I'm just wondering what gives here?

Now,  NOW even at night it's flaring so that I'm having trouble sleeping and otc meds aren't even putting a dent in it.  I don't want to go on soft bland foods, they're full of bad stuff that I want to avoid!  I don't want to go back on the prescription meds because they reduce the amount of acid in my stomach which hampers digestion which causes bloat and weight gain....sigh! I just want my stomach back to normal.  Weight loss is supposed to help get rid of acid reflux not make it worse. grrrrr.

Shin spints are causing much pain and distress while running.  I thought I was over them?  I know I roll my foot to the inside while running and that aggravates shin splints, but I thought I had corrected that problem by adding even more arch support in my shoes.  I suppose I'll have to go with a different pair of shoes and even more arch support on top of the added arch support?  At what point will my foot roll to the outside because of all the arch support on the inside which will also aggravate shin splints....!

I walked the loop at Tellico 2 and 1/4 times, the other 3/4 I ran.  I haven't run that far since  junior high school when we had to run for the Presidential Physical Fitness tests.  I wasn't terribly tired and probably could have gone farther if it hadn't been for the pain from the shin splints.  A good heart thumping, pulse pounding set of tunes on your mpg palyer keeps you so occupied that you don't realize  how far you've gone until you just can't go another step.  I love it!

I kind of splurged this afternoon at The Olive Garden on Asiago and Chicken ravioli.  Good.  Fattening. It'll be okay in the long run as long as I don't overdo again for a while.



 

No comments: