Get Fit

Monday, March 19, 2012

Unusual Salsa Recipe

Forget veggie slices or pita chips, I like to sit down and eat this with a spoon straight from the bowl.


Avacado Salsa

2 Still green avacados
1 can jumbo black olives
1 can rotel (your choice of flavor/strength)
1 can black beans
1 large cucumber

Peel, seed and coarsely chop avacado. I prefer the still green avacados because they're easier to
 handle.  The ones that have gone soft slip slid and disentegrate in my hands or upon stirring.
Rinse and coarsely chop black olives
Rinse and drain black beans
Peel (seeding is optional) coarsely chop cucumber

Toss ingredients together then gently stir in rotel. Enjoy your way.
VERY VERY low calorie and very very high fiber.

I've been meaning to experiment with putting a spoonful of this in eggs to make an omelet.  The things that make you go hmmmmmm.

UPDATE: What I did withthe leftover salsa.  Why I added drained tuna to it and made a HUGE tuna salad without the eggs or mayo.  YUM!

No comments: